What we do
- Candlelight House Walk (first Friday of December, after the first Thursday of December – tree lighting)
- Sponsor a food booth at the Fall Festival
Funds raised through these activities along with memberships, museum purchases and monetary donations, allow us to:
- Provide three $1,000 scholarships to graduating seniors at Lincoln-Way High Schools
- Renew annual subscription to Ancestory.com available at the Frankfort Public Library
- Donate funds to the KidsWork Children’s Museum
- Co-sponsor Annual Ice Cream Social for Frankfort residents
- Help fund events sponsored by the Frankfort Historic Business Assn. including the horse-drawn wagon on Halloween, hosting the Lantern Parade the Saturday evening of Christkindl Weekend and more
- Provide research information to individuals or groups inquiring about families, sites, architecture or structures
- Conduct tours for school groups, scout troops, bus tours, seniors groups, historical societies or other organizations
- Visit area schools to educate the students about the history of Frankfort.
- Sponsor of the Frankfort Brass Band, the “unofficial” band of the Honor Flights-Chicago taking place at Midway Airport between May and September each year. The band plays several concerts throughout the year.
- Participate in other downtown Frankfort events and activities